In Part two of our analysis of the AW15-16 catwalks we predict which product will be key for next Autumn Winter, in-store. Here we continue with Outerwear as well as looking at some of the key Tops and Tailored Jackets.
As well as the Tailoring and Military trends mentioned in the last post, FOLK, LUX and FUTURISTIC SPORTS were also widespread and important trends on the recent catwalks.
OUTERWEAR AS A TREND
In fact, OUTERWEAR as a category should also be considered a trend for next winter. In recent seasons Outerwear has taken a beating, where climate change and unpredictable and frequently milder or wetter winters have resulted in average sales at best. On the plus side, particularly for the consumer this has also meant more variety in what is sold as a replacement, with Tailored Jackets, knitwear, Fleece and and lighter-weight and more versatile outerwear styles on offer.
Here is out pick of the Key shapes and styles to look out for next winter:
- FUR AND FAUX FUR There’s probably nothing bigger this season than Fur. Either Faux or real, long haired, or smooth and silky, Fur appeared in shorter bomber styles, Tunic style tops as well as the all important OVERCOAT.
- SHEARLING Shearling was used heavily as a trim as well as in full garments. It was also paired in HYBRID styles with other materials, leather in particular.
- THE PONCHO With so many strong folk influences on the catwalk, the PONCHO will be a key statement piece for Autumn-Winter 2016.
- 3B BOXY BLAZER The 3 button Boxy Blazer with rounded shoulders and a shorter length was one of the key tailoring styles to appear on the catwalks. This fits quite well with the ongoing Utility trend.
- DOUBLE BREASTED BLAZER The Double Breasted Blazer appeared as the key Tailored piece for Menswear. Often paired with fleece or jogging pants for a smart-sport casual look.
- TECH FLEECE With the Futuristic Sport look (Brave New Silhouette) a major trend, Fleece Jackets and Sweatshirts in technical fabrics are a new and very significant evolution of this essential style genre.
- POLAR FLEECE Already a hit last winter, deep pile Polar Fleece and mock-shearling (Borg Fleece) is back again, providing a great alternative to the heavier outerwear pieces. Often fleece was used in hybrid styles combined with other materials or even used to fashion full outerwear styles like bomber jackets and overcoats.
- THE LINER JACKET Not to be missed the Liner Jacket is the replacement for all those light-weight down jackets of the past few seasons. This style has evolved out of the current military trend and at its best when made with no collar and vertical rectangular quilted stitching.
FABRIC – Neoprene, Flock Fleece, Polar Fleece, Fake and Faux Fur and Shearling.
COLOUR – Camel, Grey, Black, Navy and Olive and Bright Red.
We will be publishing further product analysis and sketches very soon until then click here for all the other Key Catwalk trends for Autumn Winter 2015-16.
And don’t forget! If you don’t want to miss out on any of the key trends for next season, then make sure you subscribe to Trendillustrated.com to receive free, regular updates.