Woven patterns and Checks
Further analysis of the key print and pattern stories, as seen on the catwalk and those that will have the biggest impact for Autumn Winter 2015-16. Here we look at the essential checks and woven patterns.
- Traditional Fine Wool Patterns – Prince of Wales, Glen Plaids, Herringbone patterns in shades of grey and Black and white and modern digitized, jaspé yarn structures.
- Tonal Dark Checks – Tonal dark checks on brushed cotton, wool and flannel.
- Subtle Herringbone prints – Prints often on Jersey or knitted grounds which imitate woven structures.
- Tartan – Traditional Tartan patterns, bright and strong and often mixed with each other with Punk-rock overtones.
- Blanket Checks – Big traditional blanket checks inspired by the outdoors in simple colours. Red and Black being the most popular.
Check here for the other Key Catwalk trends for Autumn Winter 2015-16 and stay tuned for more print, pattern and colour analysis.
If you don’t want to miss out on any of the key trends for next season, then make sure you subscribe to Trendillustrated.com, to receive free, regular updates on all the trends that matter.