Surface Print and Pattern
- Antique Florals and Botanic – Particularly those seen at Burberry-Prorsum which were mixed with animal prints in rich antique colours.
- Animal Skin prints and patterns – Either printed or as fake or real fur they are one of the strongest pattern trends to hit the catwalk.
- Oriental and Eastern influenced patterns – Printed or Jacquard and especially those of a Japanese influence.
- Folk inspired patterns – Either more traditional, geometric, Peruvian type patterns or more modern, futurist, geometric space-folk type.
- Camouflage– Both updated tonal or more traditional.
- Patchwork – Especially as it applies to Knitwear and Fur but also applied with patches and applique where galactic themes and numerals featured strongly.
Check here for the other Key Catwalk trends for Autumn – Winter 2015-16. Stay tuned for more print, pattern and colour analysis.
If you don’t want to miss out on any of the key trends for next season then make sure you subscribe to Trendillustrated.com to receive free regular updates on all the trends that matter.