11 Key products that will make their way from catwalk to store in Spring Summer 2015.
1. The Bomber Jacket, specifically variations on the MA-1 military Bomber. Last season was the turn of the baseball jacket, which will remain as a key outerwear style but will be joined by variations on the MA-1, which comes as part of the ongoing Utility and military trend in menswear.
2. Flight suits and coveralls for men. Again part of the Military/Utility trend, you can expect to see flight suits on sale. Whether you are brave enough to wear one to the office is another thing.
3. Utility shirts. Plain with grown on plackets, simple stand collars, and double breast pockets, which can be used a a substitute for a jacket.
4. Straight-leg, Higher waist trousers.
5. Hand-sketched and script print graphics for T-Shirts, shirts and jersey.
6. Over-size Sweatshirt. Large, cocoon like shapes will emerge in Spring-Summer 2015, as indicated in Trend illustrated’s Brave New Silhouette trend forecast, especially sportswear inspired tops and jackets. Expect to see similar shapes in Outerwear and Knitwear.
7. Relaxed, open-neck, dance inspired shirts, with or without medallion!
8. Big Shorts. As with the sweatshirt, there is a new whole trend emerging for over-sized garments, as indicated in Trend illustrated’s Brave New Silhouette trend forecast.
9. Tye-dye and acid bleach T-shirts and jersey wear, over printed and in bright psychedelic colours. All part of the 70’s – 90’s music and psychedelic festival trend.
10. Longer and larger than life sports vests, given the Sport-lux touch by designers for Spring Summer 2015.
11. The Lux Parka and Cagoule with open cowl necks, short sleeve or sleeveless and in surprising fabrications. Next to the MA-1 Bomber, the cagoule is the piece of outerwear for next season. Sitting with this trend expect the continuation of the all trekking and outdoor inspired outerwear.